Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Another odd Lindsey

  1. #1
    Inactive Member J9S's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2006
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Looking through ebay and found a strange auction. The seller says she came from a garage sale and that the doll's head is about 1/2" smaller than her other dolls. Anyone seen something like this before?

  2. #2
    JenniferRobin
    Guest JenniferRobin's Avatar

    Post

    Boy, does she have some buggy eyes on her! Yard sale lady must have been unloading a bunch of counterfeits she came across (probably knew it and didn't want to deal with it.)

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think she is a fake. I heard they are shorter.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member wesew4's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2004
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought she looked bug eyed.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member AGmom2AlliTori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 22nd, 2006
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree, the eyes are very buggy. I just feel so bad for the people that don't know any better. [img]eek.gif[/img]

    D~

  6. #6
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    She's a fake.

    I emailed the seller and told her what she was and gave her a link to Angie's clone site.

    She seems super nice and said she'd never heard of such a thing and she'll compare her to the pics on Angie's site.

    I think she just got what she thought was a real AG, and isn't running a scam.

  7. #7
    JenniferRobin
    Guest JenniferRobin's Avatar

    Post

    I agree. I think the lady she bought them from knew though, or else why would she have been dumping them.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I sent the seller an email:

    I thought you might like to know a little about your 'Lindsey' doll. She is in fact not a Lindsey, but a fake American Girl doll that was probably made in China. In recent months there have been several of these fakes, as well as other genuine AG dolls that have been re-wigged to look like Lindsey that dishonest sellers have tried to pass on to unsuspecting buyers. I'm not in any way saying that YOU are dishonest, but it's necessary that you remove the name Lindsey from your listing as well as any reference to her being a genuine AG doll. I'm not the only person to notice this doll,in fact I belong to an online community of AG collectors. We have all been greatly distressed by these fakes. I'm sure when you saw her at that garage sale your heart skipped a beat, I know mine would have; and without a real AG to compare to, they are hard to distinguish until you do a side-by-side comparison. Please do yourself a favor an revise your listing; please don't let aonther little girl get a fake dolly!

    How was that?

  9. #9
    Kalisa
    Guest Kalisa's Avatar

    Post

    Did she end the auction, I cannot find it. Pm me the number if not. Thanks!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member DaisyDee's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2005
    Posts
    646
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    She changed the auction. The title is something like "18" doll brunette clothes are american girl tagged." I got a really nice response from her:

    I FEEL ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE ABOUT THIS. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR THE TIP. I NEVER KNEW THEY MADE FAKE DOLLS, IT ACTUALLY SOUNDS A LITTLE OFF THE WALL WHY WOULD SOMEONE MAKE A FAKE DOLL? BUT EITHER WAY I HAVE TOTALLY CHANGED TO JUST A DOLL WITH THE AMERICAN GIRL OUTFIT. (THAT PART WAS FROM MY DAUGHTERS COLLECTION STILL) THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE TIP. CAN'T SAY I AM NOT BUMBED THOUGH I THOUGHT I FIRST FOUND A HARD TO FIND DOLL AND THEN WOW, AN ORIGINAL OR SOMETHING. I SHOULD KNOW THOSE THINGS DON'T HAPPEN TO ME, YOU KNOW TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE........ HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    It's nice to see someone who truly cares about the items she sells, and the effects they could potentially have on the buyer. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    ~Dee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •